Fleece mittens and Hats for the 5s

The ones they had from LL Bean they've really outgrown. I found very similar patterns online and there is enough fleece left over from pajamas that I didn't have to buy any.

The hat is super straight forward. It's a free pattern from Crafty Gemini. There's a video showing how to do it. The only thing is that the child's size seems pretty snug for my two. I would recommend people just go ahead and make the adult size.

The mittens are from here based on this. Great pattern only trying to resize - one of my pictures wasn't the same size as the others so I had to sort of hand draw. Here, too, the inside piece should be smaller than the outside to not bunch. They are probably too small for him. I haven't made hers yet but I'll make them bigger for sure - but not longer. These are pretty long.

Comments