Megan Nielsen Dawn Jorts

 Are they jorts? Jean shorts. Anyhoo. Amazing.

My eyes are closed for no good reason, but it's the best picture of the shorts.

I'm not mad here, either. 🤷

These are probably the first pants I muslined that I was like aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh when I put them on. So close. I already graded up one size in the thighs and did a smaller waistband...

The muslin showed me I needed to add just a touch to the tummy and shorten the front rise. From the finished there may still be something going on around the butt or thighs. Not sure. 

When I went to attach the band, I found that there was extra in the back yoke, so I took 2 darts 1/4" each and took up a bit in the center back seam.  These stay up without a belt and are comfortable all day.

The fabric is not rigid as called for - it does have some stretch. It's a Walmart bundle. It's actually really nice. 

No regrets whatsoever. I might next time narrow the legs a bit or just jump into full length - hopefully fall is coming!


Oh, oh, oh, almost forgot. belt loops - if you're my size (w: 40-42 h:50-52) add like 2-3 more than it calls for because it's just silly to only put 5 on a 40" waist. 

Also these are a little narrow for my favorite belt :(

I used my fabulous cover stitch attachment to make them. SO fast. Of course, they are thinner this way, but still. 




Comments