Another LIS-trained sewist's use of Airtable

I was browsing Instagram for uses of a pattern, and I ran across @elenarchivist because she used the same fabric as someone who made the pattern I was looking at (funny how these things work). She has a detailed post on how she uses Airtable on her blog, IntellectuallyArranged.com

Reminder, I did a detailed description of how I use it here.

She has a bunch more tables and they seem like really great additions. 

Quote:

  • People
    • This tracks all the individuals that I have measurements for.
  • Measurements
    • This table contains the individual measurements I have for individuals. Each time I take new measurements I make a new record and link it to the person record it belongs with.
  • Patterns
    • I keep track of all my digital and paper patterns here.
  • Pattern makers
    • Where I track all of the pattern companies I either have patterns from or want to get patterns from.
  • Makes
    • Tracks everything I make and links to every table
  • Fabric Stores
    • Tracks where I can buy fabric, both physically and online.
  • Fabric
    • All of the fabric I’ve purchased
  • Thread
    • Tracks the thread I have (to prevent overbuying).
  • Notions – Other
    • Tracks all the notions that I have. This was prompted by buying a BUNCH of zippers for one outfit and not remembering what they were all for.

It's brilliant to add measurements here. I'm not sure why she does a new record for each time she does measurements unless she wants to go back and see what size something was made in? Or maybe track growth? I have measurements in Google Keep but it makes much more sense to put them together.

I'm thinking of adding 2 more besides measurements:

  • shopping list
  • notions
shopping list would link to store and to pattern or project or wishlist and would get thread when I was getting low

notions ... but I have to think through the layout for this. Maybe each record like a thing and what kind of thing (a package of buttons?) (single zippers or all black 7" zippers or all 7" zippers or... ???)

Anyway interesting to see what other people do.

Comments