How much can you get from a 3yd bundle of dbp? Quite a bit, it turns out.

 






I got this 3 yard bundle of dbp (double brushed polyester - super soft and stretchy knit) at Walmart. It was marked 3yds/$6 but rang up at $1.50 (haul video). Ms. 8 said she needed more long sleeve shirts for fall and she will not with florals so I suggested this fabric. I didn't really want to put scraps back so kept making things until I was left with ~7"x9" piece that I've given to Ms. 8 for her Barbie fashion design.

Here's what patterns I used:
  • Lil Laundry Day T from Love Notions for Ms 8
  • Doll Laundry Day T from Love Notions for Sally (the 18" doll with the fabulous head wrap because her hair is beyond Ms 8's ability to fix)
  • Classic T with v neck from Love Notions for me
  • Abby's Trailblazing Socks for Ms 8 from the Wolf and the Tree
  • Hellebore Hirise underpants for me (still have lots of that elastic) from Primrose Dawn Designs
  • 2 freehand headbands

Other people might fuss about dbp, but this was a pleasure to sew with. Actually finding my print outs of the patterns took longer than making each item.






Comments

  1. How funny is this: Surge fabric shop has this *exact* fabric for $6/yd. If you would like to be like me, here you go https://surgefabricshop.com/collections/clearance/products/pink-black-white-vertical-stripe-double-brushed-poly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment