Autumnal take on the Peppermint Wrap Top

 


The Peppermint Magazine wrap top was designed by In the Folds. It was originally intended for linen, but I saw some pinspirations like: 

And had the idea of doing it in flannel. This fabric was off a bolt at Walmart ($1.50/yd) and it's thicker than typical shirting weight but this is super comfortable. 

A few notes:
  • for heavy fabric, maybe edges finished by serging would be enough. This was super thick to go over where there were joins
  • I did a full bicep adjustment - glad I did
  • I used 44" fabric - the only thing I had to do was piece the tie. Next time I'll just add the extra on to the back piece of the tie instead of having two tie seams.
  • I need some super high waist pants.
  • Make sure you're putting the sleeve on the right shoulder before you do a French seam on dark fabric with tiny little black stitches. SIGH.
Here are some more pictures that might show better detail:









Comments