A couple of soft comfy projects with my new fabric

 


I've already used a bit of the new fabric I described in my last post

This first is a Greenstyle Cambria from the soft sweater knit. You see the shoulders aren't perfect and there's a fold at the armpit? Yeah, well, I grabbed the wrong bodice pattern piece. I'm not sure why I didn't even notice until I was taking a picture. My preferred bodice has the darts and I've narrowed the shoulders a tad. Oh well, it's better than RTW any day of the week!





Second are these Sinclair JJ Joggers. The fabric is sooooooooooooooooo comfy. So soft. I did a toile/muslin from dbp and added 2.5" to the back rise of the tall (I'm square on the border from regular to tall and I have short legs but a super long rise so I also took 2" off leg length all at the bottom). I ended up lowering that by an inch and lowering the front rise an inch at the center front. The back seems pretty good, but the front rise -- woo boy -- still needs reshaping? fixing anyway. 


The waistband is strange. It's 1:1 with the top of the pants. So it's all bunchy. I did 2" elastic instead of 2 rows of 1/2" (or whatever) and a drawstring.
After I wore these all day, they came up to my natural waist so I need to lower the rise evenly all the way around. Also, I can't reach the bottom of the pockets without leaning waaaay down, so I may actually shorten them? I know, right?

I have more fabric that's perfect for joggers like this, but I think I might save it for hopefully a pattern test this year of another jogger pattern.





Comments