Perfect Pandemic Pattern: the Bianca Sweatshirt from Greenstyle Creations

Things are really, really tough right now with lockdowns on and off, kids in remote learning, or hybrid, or wildly flipping back and forth depending on rate of community transmission. The anxiety about the economy and just frustration of losing alone time and being with your loved ones 24 hours a day. You might feel burnout, decision fatigue, depression, rage, powerlessness.... all this is normal and sadly, there's no immediate end in sight. 

Some of us have thrown ourselves into revenge bedtime procrastination or madly sewing up every scrap of fabric in the house and then hoping the USPS will decide to deliver more in a timely fashion (last order was 3 weeks late - priority mail).  I, too, can't seem to go to bed because it's literally the only time I'm by myself and can do what I want. So I flip flop between manic sewing and doom scrolling social media.  Of course some of the woven patterns I want to use need careful modifications to account for - hey - plus sized women sometimes have arms bigger than 12" doncha know? I enjoy figuring that stuff out but sometimes, you need to be comfy and have the high of completing something that fits and feels good.

So all this is a looong intro to the new pattern I helped Greenstyle Creations test. It's the Bianca Pullover and you might think: hm, looks something like I saw somewhere else so...?  But let me tell you, it is super trendy and it's all right there in the pattern. You don't need hack a bunch of things and you most likely won't have to do any major adjustments. It comes together very quickly and it's super comfy and cozy.  The fabric requirements are fairly lenient so you can use fleece or sweatshirt fleece no problem. Pull out those fabrics that are soft but may not have the stretch you need for something fitted. Sizes B - M (30" - 60" bust)



I made the longer length in gray waffle from Walmart and the shorter length in a blue velour from GStreet. Both have the funnel neck, banded sleeves, and drawstring hem. I used a 1/2" twill tape from Amazon for my drawstrings but you can use self fabric or shoelaces or whatever.



It releases 2/7/21 Sunday at a special price of $9  (regular price of $12) and it will be on sale for 1 week through the 14th.

Comments