Second Switch It Up: Charcoal and Cream

I made another Switch It Up bra from George and Ginger Pattern Company. This is the regular front with view P back.

I made the following changes from last time and the pattern:
  • increased cup size - great idea, much better
  • did fastener when putting in band so it's the same width
  • put the hooks on the correct side (d'oh)
  • trimmed the front seam allowance on the neck and armscye to bind all the way around
  • stitched side seams with a sewing machine, right sides together and reverse coverstitched (thanks to the fb group's suggestion)
There's power mesh in the front.

For binding. Put the mesh with the lining and sew front to back. Sew the front to the back of the top layer. Baste the top and lining layer all the way around, wrong sides together, with the mesh sandwiched. Butt the seams at the shoulder for a flatter finish.

Bind all the things. Just go ahead and cut 3, 1.75" widths of fabric. I tried to feed a seam through and NO BUENO. This is the Brother cv2340 with their binding attachment. 

Fastener is 2 hook by 3, cut from yardage from Sew Sassy. I need to pick up some more.



The side is neat enough, but I'd like to come up with something better. I did consider binding it but I figured and sewing machine sewed seam there wouldn't be a huge issue. I'll edit after I wear if it turns out to be. 

I'd like to make something like this into a bathing suit top that's sort of a tankini. I would attach a trapezoid? to the bottom but have a cut out in the back with a hook fastener. I'm sure I will report back if I do.

Comments