The new Cami from Greenstyle


I was lucky enough to test the new cami from Greenstyle Creations.  The pattern has 3 lengths: cropped, waist, high hip (I made waist and high hip). It has an optional shelf bra with a separate pocket piece if you want to add removable cups, and a full bust adjustment piece (>4" high bust to full bust). The straps have a skinny and wider option and some different suggestions for how to attach in the back. The high hip version is a separate pattern piece to get the shaping exactly right. 

I know there are quite a few of these around, but what I like about her patterns is the attention to detail in getting the fit just right. From the shaping of the point at the strap to the straps to the shaping at the hip. 

I made 5 total in testing (one fit picture, one intended for finals, and then three more because I actually need these :) )

I could totally see wearing these for yoga, lifting, or swimming, or wearing one without the shelf bra over a sports bra for more vigorous exercise or over a regular bra under sheer blouses, sundresses, or even for a layer of warmth in the winter. 



As for fabric. You need a stretch fabric. I actually liked sewing this better in the thin rib knit than the fancy Rebound fabric leftover from the Strides I'm wearing. 

The straps can be a bit fiddly with thicker bouncy fabric. 


While I used a serger and coverstitch (with binder for my thin rib knit ones) you definitely could do this all on a sewing machine. In fact, it would probably be better to do the straps on a sewing machine but I'm addicted to my coverstitch (bind all the things!)








 

Comments