2021 Teacher Gifts: Retail Therapy Reusable Shopping Bags

 


I realize that in previous years I gave multiples and I even tucked in gift cards but this is what I could do this year. I think these are pretty fabulous, though. This pattern is from Dog Under My Desk and she always has really good instructions and everything goes smoothly. 

I sat at the computer Wednesday night trying to find what to do. I liked the look of one on Creative Bug but the person sewing it .... well maybe she was new to sewing? She had such a hard time and didn't seem to make good choices? Or know how to interface?.... So I went to the bag companies I knew and when I got to this one, I know it was perfect:
1) quilting cotton or home dec
2) no interfacing
3) goes over the shoulder (a must for canned goods chez moi)
4) opens up pretty big but packs up small. 

The strap can be fastened with a snap or velcro or you can attach elastic.


If you do use fat quarters for the interfacing, you'll need two for each bag - and you'll have leftover fabric, but that's all that fits.



Comments