My new W-I-D-E leg Dawn jeans

 

I picked up this rigid denim at GStreet in the $2.97/yd room ages ago and washed it and then brought it downstairs to sew, took it back up to put it away, and brought it down again like 3 times. I knew I wanted to make the Dawn jeans - particularly since I've been so very happy with my shorts - but I was still a bit scared. I was thinking maybe the middle leg width, but I wasn't sure if I needed another toile or how to really go since the shorts are based on the wide leg (view C).




In the end, I decided against another toile and just made view C, transferring the pattern changes I made in iterations of the shorts to the pattern.






The tropical shirt is a Melody dolman and the v-neck with the purple bands is the Dublin dolman. 

The tropical shirt pictures were taken after a full day at work walking around, sitting, and whatever else. By the end of the day they had grown - a lot. I know some Instagram folks I highly respect had some issues with this pattern having too little ease at the hip, but I'm wondering if I should actually make them smaller. I do not generally wash jeans every time I wear them but if I don't the crotch is heading south!  Glad I wore a belt.


Styling wise, I wasn't sure what to do. When (if?) it ever gets colder, I'm thinking my Peppermint wrap top or 40k Sway. Otherwise maybe a cropped boxy top?  








Comments