Tarawi - a horse of another color!

 


My first real buttondown shirt was the George & Ginger Paranoid which I reviewed here. I was pretty put out with it but I'm glad I tried it so I could appreciate what I wanted/did not want (like big gaping holes in the sleeve where the massive placket is).

What a difference with this pattern from Muna and Broad, the Tarawi


Sizing - ample. I'm toward the bottom of the sizes and made a regular sleeve as written!  I also made the narrow neck which is amazing. The sleeves are a perfect length. Look at the shoulders! The cuff is perfect. Neck doesn't slide back. Fit and sizing are just perfect.



Instructions and pattern - very clear and videos to show every step. I did muff up the cuff a bit but I was sewing late at night. I did French seams instead of serging. This is washed rayon challis from SincerelyRylee.com . So very soft, but also a little difficult to work with.

I would definitely recommend making this in slinky fabrics for comfort, but probably after already making one from something like cotton.

The Singer buttonholer was a champ as well as the special foot for sewing on buttons. The buttons are from Wawak which I recommend - nice and not too expensive. 

I plan to make a few more of these, but first a Harrison to compare (and since I have it.) 

Comments