Wide Wale Corduroy Anzu Skirt - love the skirt, not loving the fabric

 


I picked up the York pinafore in black Friday sales and then looked in JoAnn's for suitable fabric. I was in a bit of a rush, but loved this color and it was on sale. Came home, threw it in the wash and what?? All these weird bumps. Yep, it's the spandex content and I hadn't even noted it at the store. 

I bought 2 yards according to the chart, but then I went to cut out and I realized - OH NO - the cutting layout is for non-directional fabric! Crap. So even thought I didn't like the fabric, I immediately ordered 2 more yards while on sale. So I went to cut out and sure enough... not only did I not need the second 2 yards, but I have quite a bit left from the first two. 

BUT... in cutting I got totally inspired: 
Anzu skirt with a zipper!  (MAX HIP 50.4") And I had 3 zippers to choose from my last Wawak order: antique brass, silver, and brass (which is a bit weird because it's for a jumpsuit). 

Ended up with silver. I think like a gunmetal would have been better but I'm happy.








Good news:
Super soft, super comfy, big pockets

Bad news:
* Too big! This fabric has a small bit of spandex and what a difference
* Fabric got bumpy in the wash (spandex)
* Crimped on zipper stopper came off and I can't find it
* Jean button a bit small?
* So many issues sewing and my foot slipping off when I was topstitching
* Waistband puckered and wrinkled (did not interface cord due to smushing concerns)
* Facings were a bit short , probably due to the way I did zipper.


Whew. Got that out of my system! Still love, still will wear - with a belt.

BTW - knit the sweater ages ago. It was too big due to gauge issues but now fits.

Comments