First half of my Perfect Fit Challenge Capsule






Greenstyle Creations is having a capsule challenge with a bunch of prizes and discounts and what not. A capsule is a collection of pieces that can be mixed and matched and worn together. There are rules and people get serious about it, but if you think of it more like if you're going to pack for a trip and bring a minimal number of things but still have suitable stuff to wear for various settings, it makes a lot of sense.

Check this blog post for rules and links to sew alongs and discount codes for fabric companies and Greenstyle patterns. (the discount will stack on featured patterns, so you can get them for even less). To enter, you respond to weekly prompts in the group, and sew at least 3 pieces.

Here's my plan:

Image of pdf showing the line drawings for patterns and fabrics

So far, I've completed the Power Sports Bra, Xpress (Express) Tank, and Elevate Overlay with optional hood.

PSB
I tried making one of these before and it was way, way, small. I went up 2 cup sizes and I made a muslin from french terry and it seemed ok. Obviously it's still too small. Also I had to cut into the band and cut the elastic to extract myself. I'm wearing it here with no band elastic and I think it will be fine that way. It's 2 layers of high quality athletic with a liner of power net.


The Xpress tank is still in the smaller size range so I graded out the hips. I maybe need to grade them even further. This is made from a Walmart mystery bundle and it's light as air


Finally, the Elevate overlay with optional hood. This is LOVE for sure. The fabric is from another walmart bundle and it's so soft and stretchy. Very easy to sew with and the binding was a delight with my double fold binder. 





There's still time if you want to join the fun - I definitely recommend these choices.

Comments