SewFrugal22 Reveal: Paddington Top

 Sew Frugal is a challenge mostly held on Instagram over the past few years. This is the first year I participated. You sew up a free pattern using fabric from your stash. I am definitely a very frugal person so it's nice to have a chance to be rewarded for it!


I made the Peppermint Paddington Top designed for them by French Navy Patterns. I used a shirting from Fabric Mart Fabrics that I got on the $2 $3 $4 they have from time to time. The buttons were picked out of a 1000 pack (I know!) from Amazon. 



When the pattern first came out, the sizing wasn't at all inclusive. After a ton of feedback, they did a larger version. Unfortunately, when you view the hashtag, you see smaller sizes and the larger has a big difference: the length. Also, a lot of people have modified it - which is of course very cool - so it's hard to tell what is actually in the pattern. I didn't realize 1) it's very long in plus sizes 2) the sleeve is pretty short. I did measure my 1" elastic to fit - but to fit at the elbow. So it's too tight and awkward. I've already ripped it out.


You can see how long it is - I'm 5'6.5" and it's down over my butt. It's supposed to be high hip





I'm not sure if I'll re-hem shorter. This way it really does either need to be tucked in or maybe have a belt or vest over top. 


Comments