Split neck shirt no. 1

 


Create Domesticity, a fabric store in Baltimore, features some things made by their customers every so often on Instagram. They featured a really awesome hacked Shirt No. 1 by RachelByHand and I just had to copy. 

This fabric is from Alison Glass and it's so nice for this purpose. 




Basically I cut the front with a 1/2" seam allowance down the center, finished the two sides and then when I was sewing the neck binding around, sewed down the sides.




I really wanted Rachel's look with the sharp neck but I think in retrospect, I would have been just as happy with a slit neck placket done like this (in case the embed doesn't work here): 



And then I wouldn't have had to pattern match, but I'm very pleased with my results anyway. Next time I want to crop and add a ruffle. 

Comments