Improved Kelly Skirt from Megan Nielsen

 


Seems like everyone has a gathered skirt nowadays and you can sorta draft your own, but I want to make the case for this pattern I tested, the Megan Nielsen Kelly Curve Skirt  (max hip 62")

Navy linen, midi, pleated, with hacked shirt no1


It has two lengths. I will say the shorter is definitely knee length on me and I'm 5'6". It appears much shorter on the model and in the other size range. You can do a flat band or you can gather the back. You can do pleats or gathers. I used 3/4" buttons for the navy and 5/8" for the plaid


It has nice pockets but I enlarged them a bit more and I French seamed them. I think that's so much nicer. The elastic back is my favorite because my waist size fluctuates a lot.

I really like the fit. It was easy to make with clear instructions and drawings. You can make it with something like rayon or something like corduroy. It's very versatile.

Knee length, Allison Glass plaid with pleated front gathered back



With Peppermint Paddington




Comments