Some small changes you can make to better fit wide strap tanks

 





Wide strap tanks like you find on the Greenstyle Cali and Greenstyle Courtside can look really great and be really comfortable. There are a couple of tricks if you have some fitting problems at first. 



Before:





Things to note:

  • At the shoulder, it's loose on the arm side. It looks like it wants to fall down.
  • The front of the armscye gapes
  • Over the bust is a little low

There were some simple fixes.
The low part was fixed by using the darted/full bust bra in this case. If you are making a different top, you can make the center front longer like on this George and Ginger bra:


The shoulder and the gap were obvious fixes once I noted some angles on me that didn't look like other testers.


First, in green. The pattern is designed for fairly square shoulders that are more common on athletic builds. My shoulders slope. I literally just cut the top at an angle, 1/4" down on the outside. Both front and back.



For the gap. Once again I noted that this was developed for athletic builds who likely have more developed lats. On both the front and the back I took a quarter inch off the top of the side seam

And that was it!  Probably the sloping shoulders are something more people will need. I've never bothered to update a shirt for that but it makes sense.











Comments