Introducing the Protea Curve Capsule Wardrobe Pattern

 


When I saw the testing call for Protea from Megan Nielsen I couldn't volunteer fast enough!  I love how her stuff fits and this had everything I was looking for - square neck, tiers, blouse, skirt, two different kinds of sleeves. LOVE! 

But one thing with testing for Megan Nielsen is that it has to be just so and perfect, so there was a bit of a wait from when I made my first to the pattern's eventual release (today!). I've been wearing the clothes, but I haven't shared the love.




From the waist down, I'm a straight 24 in their patterns. It's a bit tricky for the top. I do an 18 and then grade from under the dart to the waist for the dress to get to a 24. I did a full bicep adjustment and also added an inch around the armscye in J Stern's method she shows on YouTube. I also added to the pocket bag because why not?

This was my first one and I didn't have the armscye dialed in yet. The darts are in the right place when I wear the right bra. The final pattern is slightly longer for the blouse. This is a rayon or similar from a Walmart bundle. I know, right?


The next one was the round neck and the view A plain dress. I LOVE this. This is the fabric I got from Scrap B-more. I would wear this like 3x a week if I didn't think people would notice. I wore it to work today. So comfy. 




The third is fabric from G-Street in Rockville, MD. It's a 100% cotton seer sucker. Also so comfortable. I really, really like how it has a tie but no elastic at the waist so you can pull it in as much as you like but no getting quished or having it travel to the narrowest point. The skirt is a great length and swish. I want to make just a skirt or a skirt and blouse set - soon!











Comments