Sunday, April 12, 2015

In which I finally make something for Mr 3

His sister got two skirts and two dresses so it was time. This is from Dana Made It:http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-and-pattern-kid-pants-the-basic-pants.html 

I used some Eddie Bauer pants of mine that didn't fit and were never flattering. Unfortunately I didn't notice and he's already got a stain :(

They fit perfectly - uh oh -I held them up to other pants and I thought they would be big. 
Cut them out so I could reuse original hem. 

Had to sew it down a bunch. 

Made the from flat with interfacing fused in and made the back adjustable with snaps. Probably didn't leave elastic long enough. 
This last is with the elastic safety pinned on one side to try on. 
Thought about zigzagging or pinking seams since I don't have a serger but didn't. Did reinforce crotch with another line of stitching. 

We'll see!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment