A jacket in 2yards: It's a sewing miracle. The LW Anorak

 


I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to make The Sew Sew's Low Waste Anorak and I tested the fabric. It came out really great and I'm very pleased. I used my new grommet setting skills I learned making the Kelly Anorak (I should post about that) and a pack of 1/4" grommets from Amazon (here, not affiliated)


 I made a size 18/20 cropped, as written. The cable and stoppers is this (not affiliated) and the ends on the neck ties are these (not affiliated)

I did pause when figuring out how to connect the drawstring in the round. It didn't really say in the instructions. I messaged the designer and she answered immediately that she zigzagged across them. I tried that on a sample and it didn't work. I tried a straight stitch across and that didn't work either. I wrapped it in a scrap and tried, and no. 

So then after googling, I found the advice to do a fisherman's knot. I did that, but it wouldn't go through the grommet so I unpicked a little bit of the hem on the opposite side and did it there. Seems to work great










Comments