Introducing the Greenstyle Creations Cali Top

I volunteered to test the new Greenstyle Cali top* as soon as I saw the call. I originally planned to make something this general shape from another pattern but I watched the tutorial and it seemed kinda complicated. This has so many options and it's just a great design like you expect from Greenstyle. 

It's a sports bra with optional overlay. The bra can be wide strap scoop neck or strappy. There is a full bust option for those with a 4-6" difference between upper and full. There's an option to sew a liner for removable cups. The overlay can be gathered or pleated, have a low or high drop at the armscye, and can be waist, hip, or dress length. There's an optional band for hip length (good for yoga). Max chest 61"

I (obviously) selected the wide strap, full bust and used fabric leftover from making these Spark tights. I originally had 1.5yds from JoAnn clearance (It was like 40% off already marked down price. I have no idea why I didn't grab more because it's really nice). It was a close thing getting it to fit and I had to line it with some black stretchy stuff I had around. There's also a layer of powermesh in there. The overlay doesn't look so clear in person. It's an athletic mesh. I did the binding for it with the liner fabric because I wasn't sure it really had enough stretch. 

I have some fitting tips which I'll share in a separate post.







* It turns out I have a referral link which may get you a discount. Probably will if you follow later, not sure if it works during the sale when it's already 1/3 off. It does get me points which I could add together to get a discount on another pattern purchase. No pressure whatsoever (hence I put it down here) https://refrr.app/zVnwD0nhq7/39853

Comments