Dialing in the fit of the Pacific Pullover

 


I'm a big fan of Greenstyle's Pacific Pullover. (Chest: 30-61")  - this is my third one. For previous iterations I've done a full bicep adjustment and graded at the hip. In the last one I also added the free fingerless gloves from P4P (see here for details) and changed how I did the neck to the way it's done for the Sundance.


But the neck is sorta big around - bigger than the neck on my Sundance or on my Oakley vest and I want to wear them together without having folds there. So I narrowed the neck by 1/2" at the back and sides and 3/4" at the front.

In the original pattern, you're meant to stretch the collar a bit like you would for bands, but I wanted to add some light knit interfacing which really prevents you from stretching so I also modified the collar to be the same length as the seamline.



Next time I will make the lining piece shorter to ensure the outer piece rolls inward and the lining doesn't show.



I also finished the zipper tape with some fold over elastic before coverstitching it down.

This fabric is Polartec Power Wool lightweight from Hobby Fabrics on Etsy. It's really nice.

And I added the pocket (per pattern).


#WinterRunningWardrobe 



Comments