Fluffy soft burger buns

I had some pork in the crockpot to make pulled pork so I needed some buns. I looked through a pipe of printouts from who know when and ran across ATK's potato burger buns:https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/7082-potato-burger-buns. Good thing I printed because apparently it's not part of my membership. 
This was an attractive recipe because I had a bunch of russet potatoes to use. 
But ugh  tiny litte guys - 6 to make a pound. So I didn't peel till they were cooked at I did it in the microwave. I melted the butter since they weren't as hot. 
I read the whys about bread flour and that scared me off of putting some wheat in. Turns out it would have been fine. 
Kids did the painting and sprinkling with sesame seeds. I think the top cracked since it got dried out while rising. Very tasty though. 

Comments