Venice Beach Shorts from Greenstyle

 



I was a tester* for this new pattern from Greenstyle Creations. They cover hip sizes 32-62", have 2 waist options, 3 length options, and optional pocketssssss! (Which are of course not optional in my book).

These are sizes I:L (yea, really, I am 4 different sizes), contour band, and 4.5" inseam.

I made 4 pair of these in testing. I'll admit, I had to tweak the front rise fit a bit, but that is par for the course for me. I wore a cotton lycra pair to bed last night and they are super comfy.

By tweaking the front rise, I made these so they stay down when I walk - SCORE! It's like better than wearing nothing (cause no chafe!). 

I have a few pattern hacks planned. If I get around to them (I have a ton of other projects, plus of course work, and there are children around here someplace), I'll definitely share. 

Here are a few modeled pictures:




ETA: The shirt is a hacked Greenstyle Green Tee (free with a code from the FB group), the bra is a Greenstyle Endurance. Shorts fabric is athletic? swim? from GStreet Fabrics, the gray t fabric is from a Walmart roll. 

*Being a tester in this case means I got a copy of the pattern for free in return for making and sharing test fit versions and offering feedback on various aspects of the pattern. I am not an affiliate of the company and do not profit when you use my link. Feel free to find your favorite sewist who is an affiliate to use their link instead.

Comments