3rd (really first) Sundance Jacket

 


This pink Sundance (Greenstyle) was my first fit/test sew. The pattern had an error in it that was found shortly after I cut this out and that means it's a bit shorter with a reshaped hem so ignore that - the hem you get with the pattern is what's on my others.

I needed to put in a new zipper, but I started looking at it and I wasn't satisfied. the seams were actually fraying (it's knit so that was a surprise), the little pockets weren't what I wanted, I had refined the shoulder fit, etc. So I took it apart completely except for the under arm seam. 

I cut new yoke pieces to shape the shoulders and trimmed a smidge from the top of the side front princess seam. I also cut entirely new pockets.

This time I serged and coverstitched everything:
And now it's great. 









Comments