New Sundance Jackets

 

I was so excited to test the Greenstyle Creations Sundance Jacket size expansion. I've admired this jacket so long but was waiting for the expansion. In addition to expanding the size range, there's a new pocket option and the directions have been reworked and clarified. 

The new size range is: Full chest 30-61" and hip 32-62" . The size chart now also includes a bicep measurement.





The jacket has hood and stand-up collar options and an option for a thumbhole cuff. 

I love how it's shaped but not tight. To fit my body, I did a full bicep adjustment, a narrow shoulder adjustment, and graded out at the hip.






This black one is made from a Walmart bundle that is sorta like scuba but the inside is fuzzy. I did the square pockets and I finished the top of them with fold over elastic so I can use them to hold my phone. I made them out of power mesh and as you can see they are caught in seams on 3 sides. The opening from the outside is by zipper.
Quick tip for the collar - if you can't press your fabric - sew a guide stitch and then hand baste over 3/8" and then baste to the body before stitching from the top.



Here are some pictures from a previous version I made from a "techno" fabric. I did the pockets for this out of swim and I'm not as excited about them. 




I have a third one that needs a different zipper. I'll hopefully finish that up and post eventually.







Referral link for Greenstyle in general:  https://refrr.app/zVnwD0nhq7/39853                    



Comments