Review of Tilly and the Buttons Mabel dress

 




I was sorta boycotting TatB because of the whole mess with them not expanding their size range and how they were dismissive of customers who begged them to. But that was a while ago and I saw this pattern and loved it. I bought in on the Foldline, so that worked really well and I was glad to support them. The fabric is a lovely stretch shirting from FabricMartFabrics.com

But... yeah, I can't really recommend the pattern. The bodice is crazy short and the sleeves - the hem was way too tight with the shirring so I had to rip it out and put in a casing with elastic.

There are no layers on the pattern and this is what you have to work with:
I just traced everything with the bezier tool in Inkscape so I could project. 

The instructions are extremely verbose but not super clear anyway. I would prefer fewer words but more clear.

The end result is pretty cute but I'll really have to think about if I want to make it again since there are so many better patterns. 




In motion:




Comments