My new Love Notions Largo Cargo Pants

 


I'm busy, I don't have much time and pants are hard. Besides, I have some that fit, right? So what was I thinking when I volunteered to test the new #LargoCargos - the Love Notions Largo Cargo pants? Well sometimes you have to. 

These are high waisted, straight leg casual or work pants that are designed to be made from medium to heavy twill, denim, or corduroy. I think suiting has also been used successfully. There is an optional projector file (looks good - that's what I used). Sizes waist 24-49.5" and hip 34-59.5" . My measurements at the time of writing are 41.5 waist and 51.5 hip which put me into a 24.






After my first muslin it was clear I needed tummy room 



butt room, but just at the most sticky outy part

As well as a little extra room for my calves. I wasn't sure about the length.

My second - which will be a wearable toile, I over shot a bit. I switched to full belly, and did a 1.5" full butt adjustment. The designer had also added extra ease in the hips which was later removed.

So for the final I took 1.5" out of the waist, shaved the added half inch out of the hips, added another 1/2" to the center back rise, and did a 1/2" full calf adjustment.

As you can also see, I did 2 side pockets instead of just one. I also added more belt loops. I made 4 around and then made the top of the front patch pockets into belt loops. I couldn't find instructions on how to do that so I winged it. We shall see if my way is durable. 



I tried it with the Breckinridge (long teal), the Melody, the Lotus Blossom, and the classic tee. I couldn't find a nice cami (I think they're all dirty) when I was rushing to get pictures or I would have showed it with the Serenity, too. It's a very useful pattern and I recommend it.  I would say you should be an intermediate sewist, however.





Comments