Cotton Pique Dress and Shorts for Ms. 2

Got this pattern for $1.66 (-20%, I think) at Joann's at one of their big sales. This is a fairly generic pattern that makes several nice tops, tunics, dresses, shorts, and cropped leggings for little girls. The pattern was kind of screwed up because it acted like you could just stitch like you would with woven fabric. Luckily, I learned from making the pink dress.


I had some fabric from G Street's remnant table that was $3/yard. It's very stretchy, and rolls, and was somewhat difficult to deal with.


I made these changes to the pattern instructions: 
I used zigzag stitch and my machine's stretch stitch
I used a strip of interfacing for the shoulder (didn't notice the notion when I was at the store
I used a double needle for the shorts, but I regret it. It is not as stretchy as the stretch stitch.
I'm worried about the durability of the pockets and the fabric around them. I considered using interfacing but didn't
I pulled out and re-did the neck - cut 1/2" in from the original line and then used 2" casing ~18" long.It's very stretchy and looks good.



Comments